Kid’s Lesson Programs
Terms & Conditions
How to upload your pass photo
< BACK TO WEBSITE
Group Lesson, Lift Ticket, Rental
Who will be taking this lesson?
Myself. I am an adult.
I am registering for a minor as their parent/guardian.
I am registering for another adult.
Student First Name
Student's current snowboarding ability level
Level 1: Never ridden before.
Level 2: Has basic balance, stopping, slight turning. May be riding the tows.
Level 3: Makes rounded, skidded turns to control speed and direction on beginner slopes, can ride tows.
Level 4: Can possibly ride the chairlift and all green terrain. Speed controlled by making linked rounded, skidded turns.
Level 5: Can ride all Blue terrain. Turns more carved than skidded, controlling speed and turn radius.
Level 6: Turns are rounded and carved. Comfortable on all but the most challenging expert terrain.
Do you want to upgrade to a $65 Beginner Terrain Snowboard Package?
Select this option if you need rental equipment. Package includes group lesson, access to beginner lifts & terrain, and snowboard rental equipment.
Upgrade to Snowboard Package $25
Student's Ability Level
LEVEL 1: Skis/Rides cautiously at low speeds on easy to moderate terrain
LEVEL 2: Skis/Rides moderately at low to high speed on varied terrain
LEVEL 3: Skis/Rides aggressively at high speed on steep, challenging terrain
RENTAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I have accurately represented the above listed information and it is true and correct. I will not use any of the equipment to be provided to me during this transaction until I have received instruction on its use and I fully understand its use and function.
I agree to verify that the visual indicator settings to be recorded on this form for downhill ski equipment agree with the number appearing in the visual indicator windows of the equipment to be listed on this form. I accept for use AS IS the equipment listed on this form and accept full financial responsibility for the care of the equipment while it is in my possession. I will be responsible for the replacement at full value of any equipment rented under this form but not returned to the Otis Ridge rental facility. I agree to return all rental equipment by the agreed date. I understand that the binding system cannot guarantee the user’s safety. In downhill skiing, and skiboarding with ski boards equipped with release bindings, the binding system will not release at all times or under all circumstances where release may prevent injury or death, nor is it possible to predict every situation in which it will release. In snowboarding, skiboarding with skiboards, snowblading, and other sports utilizing equipment with non-release bindings, the binding system will NOT ordinarily release during use; these bindings are not designed to release as a result of forces generated during ordinary operation. I understand that a helmet designed for recreational snow sports use will help reduce the risk of some type of injuries to the user at slower speeds. I recognize that serious injury or death can result from both low and high energy impacts, even when a helmet is worn. I AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS OTIS RIDGE, ITS EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND THE EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF THIS EQUIPMENT (collectively “PROVIDERS”) from all liability for injury, death, property loss and damage which results from the equipment user’s participation in the RECREATIONAL SNOW SPORTS for which the equipment is provided, or which is related in any way to the use of this equipment, including all liability which results from the NEGLIGENCE of PROVIDERS, or any other person or cause. I further agree to defend and indemnify providers for any loss or damage, including any that results from claims or lawsuits for personal injury, death and property loss and damage related in any way to the use of this equipment. This agreement is governed by the applicable law of the state of Massachusetts. If any provision of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall be given full force and effect. I, THE ABOVE SIGNED, HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS EQUIPMENT RENTAL & LIABILITY RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS. If equipment user is a minor, I verify that I have the authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of the equipment user.
I have read and agree to the Rental Liability Release
CONSENT & RELEASE, CANCELLATION POLICY & RESPONSIBILITY CODE
1. The registrant above enrolls in the ski/board program at Otis Ridge, hereinafter referred to as owner, subject to the rules and regulations determined by the owner and its agents, including the program descriptions and policies included with the enrollment package.
2. The Registrant acknowledges the inherent danger and risk of personal injury involved in the enrollment and involvement in the activities of the owner and assumes any and all risk of personal injury in the enrollment and activities.
3. Massachusetts G.L., Chapter 143, Section 71P provides, with limited exceptions, that no action shall be maintained against the operator of this ski area for an injury to a skier unless the injured person shall, within ninety (90) days of the incident, give the operator notice by registered mail of the name and address of the injured person and the time, place and cause of the injury. Any action to recover for injury shall be brought within one (1) year of the date of injury. Failure on the part of the Registrant to deliver said notice shall constitute a waiver of the Registrant’s right to commence a lawsuit under the laws of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction.
4. The Registrant covenants not to sue and releases the owner, and any other sponsor or agents, from any liability arising out of personal injury wherein the injury was the result of an activity conducted as part of the usual activity of the owner. The owner assumes no responsibility for activities undertaken by the Registrant without proper supervision and guidance.
5. The Registrant acknowledges that the provisions of the Acknowledgement, Consent and Release shall be binding upon the Registrant, his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts. The Registrant agrees that any suit or legal action shall be brought only in the State of Massachusetts and that terms of this document shall be admissible in evidence as a binding legal agreement between the Registrant and the owner. The Registrant acknowledges that if a court determines that part of this document is inadmissible that the remaining paragraphs and parts shall remain in full force and effect.
In order to receive a refund, you MUST call by 5 pm (2) days before the start of a lesson to cancel. If you call by 5 pm (1) day before the start of a lesson, a $20 administrative fee is charged for canceling one lesson, or a $30 fee is charged for canceling multiple lessons. The remainder will remain with the Snowsports School as a credit that must be used by the last day of the following season, at which time the credit will expire and we keep the remainder. If you do not call by 5 pm the night before the lesson to cancel, or if for any reason you cancel the day of the lesson/do not show up, you will forfeit the charge to us.
SNOWSPORTS RESPONSIBILITY CODE
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At areas, you may see people using alpine skis, snowboards, telemark skis, cross country skis, and other specialized equipment, such as that used by the disabled. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below, and share with other skiers and riders the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
● Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
● People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
● You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
● Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
● Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
● Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
● Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the code. It's your responsibility.
Note* This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.
I have read and agree to the Consent & Release, Cancellation Policy and Responsibility Code
Add to cart